The design and construction of the Rolling in Thyme and Dough Addition flew by (construction began on June 26) and is now almost complete. A lot of details and design moves felt the force of such a fast pace but many of the broader concepts remain clearly defined.
The original building was built in the 1890's. We wanted to respect its history (and its structure) by connecting lightly to the building in a way that clearly defines but compliments new and old.
The new dining areas frame views to the nursery outside. The lighting isn't quite done, we had to use some temporary fixtures for the opening. Eventually there will be a field of flexible colored shades.
A number of playful moments were designed to look out, through, back in and out again both new and old spaces.